A newer version of the Flash Player is required to view this encrypted video/audio stream.
Battling Asian Carp: How Biology, Law and Politics are Threatening the Great Lakes
Asian Carp, the species of giant fish, are poised to invade the Great Lakes and wreak ecological and economic havoc. These exotic species are decimating native fish species and damaging ecosystems, but despite the dangers, we have only managed to slow their march toward the Great Lakes.
M O D E R A T O R
• Andy Buchsbaum Executive Director, National Wildlife Federation’s Great Lakes Regional Center and Adjunct Professor, University of Michigan Law School
P A N E L I S T S
• Bob Reichel, Assistant Attorney General, State of Michigan
• Matt Doss, Policy Director, Great Lakes Commission
• Dr. Marc Gaden, Communications and Legislative Director for the Great Lakes Fishery Commision
• Marc Smith, Great Lakes Policy Director, National Wildlife Federation
Recorded on 10/27/2011