A newer version of the Flash Player is required to view this encrypted video/audio stream.
The Controversy over Fracking: Will Michigan and Ohio Be the Next Frontier?
Hydraulic fracturing, or “fracking,” of oil and gas wells has generated considerable controversy across the country, particularly over impacts on water resources. Some in the industry predict that Michigan and Ohio will experience a boom in energy production because of this technique. Join a panel of experts as they explain the issues and assess the laws governing this process.
M O D E R A T O R
• Sara Gosman, Adjunct Professor, University of Michigan Law School, Water Resources Attorney, National Wildlife Federation
P A N E L I S T S
• Harold Fitch, Chief, Office of Oil, Gas & Minerals, Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
• Peggy Hall, Director of Agricultural & Rural Law Program, Ohio State University -
Download presentation (PPS)
• Grenetta Thomassey, Program Director, Tip of the MittWatershed Council
• John DeVries, Attorney, Mika Meyers Beckett & Jones, PLC
Recorded on 4/17/2012